And here is the SourceCode: https://github.com/corycowgill/MobileFieldServiceApp
The general idea for the application is a mobile application that field engineers could use. The application uses NFC technology to scan a tagged device and display the relevant case information to the engineer. The general idea being that if you can use NFC tags on your products, it would allow the Field Service agent to simply touch his phone or table to the device they are servicing and see all the details automatically.
Here are some additional screenshots to show the simple UI using jQuery Mobile.
I also added HTML5 Canvas to do signature capture and upload as a attachment to the Case in SFDC.
There was so much more I wanted to do but just didn't have the time. Therefore I decided to focus my time implementing the NFC plugin and functionality. My current client work just didn't afford me the time I would have liked to dedicate to this personal project. For example I would have liked to add:
1. SmartStore for Offline Access. For example, when working at a client site in a basement or where signal strength is weak.
2. GPS and Geolocation. Basically for address directions / map and checkin.
3. Checkin / Checkout status pushes for Chatter.
5. Additional Error Handling Logic
6. User Interface Updates & Design - Add a little flair.
I had a lot of fun creating this challenge. I may re-vist this just to complete those items above.